- Missouri show changes hands April 29, 2017The Mid-Missouri Collectors Show has a new owner. The event held for the past four years in Osage Beach, Mo., has been taken over by Aaron Salsman, owner of Osage Coin & Bullion LLC of Camdenton, Mo. The announcement was made by former owner Dave Sorrick of In God We Trust, LLC in Mindenmines, Mo. “Aaron was instrumental ...
- Added ‘D’ or second ’82-D small date?
- Morgan highlights Heritage sale
- Dollar safe until August
- Mint Statistics: Going backwards not what Mint wants
- New book focuses on proofs 1936-1942
- Cook Islands issue silver moon coin
- BEP joins social media
- Recent appreciation for 1965 Kennedy half
- Gold coin find brings $62,496
- 10,000 yuan renminbi sets record
DEAL OF THE WEEK
- Save big on books by Bob Van Ryzin Coins magazine Editor Bob Van Ryzin was recently quoted in a Smithsonian.com article about the 1916-dated Lady Liberty quarter and changes made for the 1917-dated quarter. Experience his numismatic expertise for yourself!
The Buzz with Dave Harper
- Gold auction results might be divine Coin collectors understand the concept of a record price. Is there such a thing as a divine price? Last night a gold coin estimated at $300,000 sold for $517,000. It was in the Central States Numismatic Society sale conducted by Heritage Auctions in Schaumburg, Ill. Proceeds go to pay for the building of a church in Valparaiso, Ind. What sold ...
- Community Voice Responses (May 16, 2017) From the Apr. 21 Numismatic News E-Newsletter: Should the cent and nickel be abolished? Here are some answers sent from our e-newsletter readers to Editor Dave Harper. Yes, please get rid of the cent and nickel. We can save the country about $40 million a year. It is a no-brainer. If we must have a 5-cent piece, make it ...
The Numismatic Directory is a comprehensive resource center for coin & paper money collectors and enthusiasts. Find valuable information about Products, Services, Dealers, Events, and Clubs. Use it to quickly find companies, organizations, events and more in your area–maps & directions too!
A free, visual guide that includes full color images of silver, gold clad, alloy and war coinage. Learn the features of U.S. denominations, from half cents to double eagles.
A free, digital guide to today’s prime gold coin collecting opportunity. Learn why American Eagles are not just for investors and what they have to offer collectors.
OFF THE SHELF
Check out these popular picks to see which items belong in your library or which items would make a great gift!